Your Money Game Plan
- This workshop will help you identify key areas of your financial life to focus on and improve. You will understand the causes of common money mistakes, and leave with an action plan to help you achieve financial wellness.
- Key points: 1) What are the four factors of financial health? 2) Ten common money mistakes we need to avoid. 3) How to create financial goals using the S.M.A.R.T. technique.
Ten Steps to Better Budgeting
- Understand the importance of creating a home budget or spending plan. Through budgeting, you will clearly see how your money is being spent, which will help you avoid or get out of debt. You'll leave this workshop with a first draft of a trackable home budget.
- Key points: 1) The importance of a home budget. 2) Budgeting examples, tools and templates. 3) Tips on how to increase income and reduce expenses.
Saving for Your Future
- Having a clear plan for both short- and long-term savings is an essential part of building your finances. This workshop will provide the fundamentals of how to get started with a savings strategy, tips to build and sustain your accounts, and the basics of personal investing and saving for retirement.
- Key points: 1) Three core strategies of personal savings accounts. 2) Understanding investing options (401Ks, IRAs, bonds, mutual funds). 3) The basics of Social Security.
Dealing with Debt
- Excessive high-interest credit card debt can derail even the best laid financial plans, so it's important to understand your options and commit to a strategy that positions you on the path to becoming debt free. This workshop will cover the options available, provide valuable tools and help you understand how to compare the pros and cons of each approach.
- Key points: 1) Debt Snowball, Debt Management, Debt Settlement, Debt Consolidation. 2) On-your-own approaches vs. receiving assistance
Overcoming Financial Challenges - COVID-19 (ONLINE)
This 60-minute online (WebEx) workshop will provide you with valuable information about helpful resources, smart strategies, and the recent government bill dealing with the economic crisis due to COVID-19. The goal of this session is to help people navigate (financially) through this period:
- An overview of the Federal CARES Act provisions (stuent loans, stimulus checks, mortgage options, retirement plans, and more)
- Resources including how to file for unemployment
- Financial decision-making and priorities
- How to work with your creditors